PerOssal is an unique synthetic carrier for antibiotics and is thus suitable for contaminated or infected areas. The biologically degradable and osteoconductive bone substitute can be used to replenish and reconstruct bone defects. The unique microporous structure allows a constant and even resorption of liquids (such as antibiotics), as well as a controlled retarded release.
- Replenishment and reconstruction of different bone defects
- Combined application with autologous bone substitutes
- Infected or contaminated bone defects after previous debridement and simultaneous systemic and/or local application of antibiotics
- Protracted protection of germ colonialization when loaded with adequate antibiotics
- Complete biodegradation with simultaneous new bone creation
- Osteosimultative effect by nanocristalline hydroxyapatite
In vitro release of examined antibiotics from PerOssal over 10 days