Next generation of the 7D navigation system – fast, precise and radiation-free
Conventional image-guided navigation systems require up to 30 minutes for registration. Intra-operative re-registration are time and radiation intensive. FLASH™-Navigation reduces registration time to less than 1 minute and operates radiation-free.
This novel navigation solution form 7D Surgical uses machine vision technology for spine procedures. The advantages of this novel navigation technology are:
- Highly efficient workflow: Intraoperative control of the navigation workflow can be performed entirely by the surgeon, using a foot pedal, in the sterile field.
- Minimized intraoperative radiation exposure: No additional radiation exposure imaging for re-registration is necessary.
- High accuracy: 3D image guidance with nearly 1,000,000 data points; real-time correlation between surgical instrument interaction and CT Images
- Cost-effective: Reduces surgical time and eliminates reliance on additional trained professionals throughout the procedure.
How does the 7D Surgical Navigation device work?
Machine vision technology uses structured light during the registration process: a 2D light pattern is projected onto the anatomy. The light pattern reflected from the surface of the anatomy is then digitized with nearly 1,000,000 data points and automatically matched to the preoperative CT.
The Flash™ Fix- application allows rapid re-registration within seconds, without the use of ionizing radiation. This allows the surgeon to always navigate with the highest accuracy.
How is the 7D navigation device constructed?
- Sterile, surgically controlled light head with machine vision technology perfectly embedded to eliminate line of sight issues.
- Foot pedal gives control back to the surgeon in the sterile field and reduces or even eliminates dependence on skilled technical personnel.
- The non-sterile user station with monitor, keyboard and mouse allows for quick and easy system setup.
What are the advantages of the navigation system in detail?
- FAST REGISTRATION
FLASH™ Fix re-registers in seconds for maximum accuracy, creating confidence in navigation.
- OPTIMIZED WORKFLOW
No alteration or disruption of intraoperative surgical workflows.
Control surgical workflow with the foot pedal and sterile light handle.
- NO LINE-OF-SIGHT CHALLENGES
Machine-vision technology is integrated into the surgical light directly above the head which minimizes line-of-sight issues.
- NO INTRAOPERATIVE CT
Minimizes the need for intraoperative radiation for registration, reducing radiation exposure to the surgeon, staff and patient.
- REAL-TIME NAVIGATION
Segmental registration creates a real-time correlation between the interaction of the surgical tool and the CT images, which is independent of patient positioning or intraoperative movements.
- REDUCE SPECIALIZED STAFF
Eliminates the need for and dependence on skilled personnel throughout the procedure.
- REDUCE OPERATIVE TIME
Significantly reduces registration time from 30 minutes to less than 1 minute, resulting in reduced operating times.
- SMALL FOOTPRINT
Machine vision cameras embedded in the surgical light, allows flexible positioning of the navigation device in the operating room.